Last Updated on March 10, 2023 by Food Articles
Tea time is when we take a break from our hectic routine for a while and it is incomplete without a snack so today we will share the easiest tea biscuits recipe that you can prepare in no time. Moreover, if you like to eat biscuits for breakfast, you should try this tea biscuits recipe because it tastes good and is healthy, so let’s begin!
We’ll share two of the simplest and quickest tea biscuit recipes with you; pick one based on the ingredients you have on hand. Remember to read some secret tips and how you can store tea biscuits for long-term use at the end of this article.
Simple Tea Biscuits Recipe:
The tea biscuits can be made easily by using this simple recipe, which requires only basic ingredients and still tastes great. Have a look at the recipe below:
Take the exact amount of these ingredients if you want your tea biscuits to be perfect. If you want to double the amount, make sure you do it efficiently by figuring out how much of each ingredient to use.
- 1.5 cups of All purpose Flour.
- ½ Cup of sugar.
- ⅓ Tsp of Baking Powder.
- ⅓ Tsp of Vanilla Essence.
- 2 Pinches of Salt.
- ⅓ Cup of oil.
- 1 Egg.
Step by Step procedure:
- First, you need to mix oil and sugar.
- Put them into a bowl and mix thoroughly by using a whisk.
- Now, add Vanilla Essence, Egg, Baking powder, and salt and mix it properly.
- Whisk until all the ingredients are properly mixed.
- After that, you need to add flour to this mixture but do not forget to sieve it before adding and adding gradually.
- After mixing all the ingredients together, it’s time to knead it.
- Knead until it becomes smooth.
- Now, roll it out into a strip of a certain thickness using a rolling pin (round or rectangular).
- Cut it into any shape you want and by using a fork, put marks on them.
- Take a previously greased mould and place your biscuits.
- Now put it in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes at 175 degrees Centigrade.
- If you don’t have an oven then you can put the mould in preheated pan for 45 minutes at low flame.
- Your tea biscuits are ready, you can serve them with hot tea and coffee.
Tea Biscuits Recipe by the use of raisins:
Another easiest tea biscuits recipe is given below, it uses some delectable ingredients which give your tea biscuits a distinctive flavor:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- 3 tsp of baking powder.
- ½ cup of butter (must be at room temperature).
- ¼ tsp of salt.
- ½ cup of milk.
- ¼ cup of heavy/whipped cream.
- Half a cup or fewer raisins.
- For using unsalted butter, add half a tsp of salt.
- First, wash the raisins thoroughly by soaking them in boiling water for at least 15 minutes. Now drain them.
- Take a bowl and add flour, salt, baking powder, and pieces of butter and whisk them together.
- Now add raisins, milk, and cream and give it a good mix.
- After mixing them, take out the mixture and knead it until it becomes smooth. Don’t over-knead it otherwise, your tea biscuits will come out hard.
- Now, with the help of a rolling pin, flatten it to at least one inch of thickness.
- Take a cookie cutter of your choice and cut the pieces.
- Now, place them into the previously prepared mould and brush them with milk.
- Put it in the preheated oven and bake it for 10 to 15 minutes and 175 degrees centigrade.
- They can be stored in a freezer-safe container for up to three months or at room temperature for two days.
Secret Tips for Making Taking Biscuits:
If you want your tea biscuits turned to be perfect then read some tips given below:
- Avoid over-mixing the ingredients to prevent the over-development of gluten in the flour, which will result in hard biscuits.
- Always sift your dry ingredients to avoid lumps and get a smooth texture.
- Check the expiry date of your baking powder because using a fresh one is necessary otherwise your biscuits won’t rise perfectly.
- Use a metal spoon to mix instead of your hands because your hands’ rising temperature increases the risk of the butter melting.
- As per the environmental conditions, you can alter the quantity of flour (Less for dry weather and more for humid weather).
- When you are mixing the dough, mix it gently.
- Cold butter is the secret to flaky biscuits, you can chill out your dry ingredients as well to get more flaky biscuits.
- You can try brushing the bakes cookies to enhance their flavor.
- Adding some garlic powder and shredded cheddar to the recipe results in a unique and delicious flavor.
- Never forget to preheat the oven.
We have shared the easiest and quickest tea biscuits recipes above and we hope that you liked reading this article. Try one of these recipes as per the availability of ingredients and let us know in the comment box how they turned out! Share these amazing recipes with your friends as well!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can you have tea and biscuits for breakfast?
Yes, you can have tea biscuits for breakfast but it is not a good idea because it is the first meal of your day after a long night so it should be healthy. Try to have milk, boiled egg, fresh juice or other healthy food.
Are biscuits a healthy snack?
Well, to be honest, biscuits are not considered healthy as they contain carbohydrates and unprocessed fat. To some extent, homemade biscuits can be considered healthy but overall the biscuits are considered a junk snack.