Last Updated on October 30, 2023 by Food Articles
It is simpler than you might imagine making perfect homemade waffle fries on your own. In point of fact, there is not a great deal of complexity involved at all. When you have mastered the technique, there is no limit to the number of pancake fries you can consume. To indulge in such an indulgence, it is no longer necessary to go to upscale dining establishments like Chick-fil-A.
These waffle fries are the ideal side dish for a romantic evening, a night watching a major game or a cookout in the backyard. In point of fact, you can make things even more exciting by including some Cajun flavouring in the mix.
It is also possible to prepare your own waffle fries at home so long as you have the necessary equipment. Fry the waffle fries in oil at a high temperature for the most authentic taste. Think about baking the fries or making them in a waffle oven if you’d like a healthier alternative to the traditional frying method!
Homemade Waffle Fries: What Ingredients Are Required To Prepare Them?
Potatoes are the only component that is required for the preparation of homemade waffle fries. That being stated, we discovered that making french fries with four large russet potatoes is usually sufficient for the needs of most individuals. In addition to that, you might also want to think about including some cajun flavouring in the dish. However, this might not be completely essential.
You will also need a crinkle cutter, a saucepan or deep fryer that can hold at least half its volume in oil for deep frying, a frying basket, and a food thermometer for determining the temperature of the oil. All of these items are required for the preparation of homemade waffle fries.
Highlighting the Equipment Required For The Preparation Of Waffle Fries
When it comes to making homemade waffle fries, there are a few distinct approaches you can take. There is a specialized wave waffle slicer available on the market that can be utilized in a manner that is both speedy and simple. Make sure that you are able to alter the thickness of the waffles before you attempt to make them for dinner.
Some mandolines have a waffle cut choice; all you have to do is switch the blade to the wavy blade. You need to cut to a thickness of at least 1/8 of an inch, but the optimal thickness is 1/4 of an inch. If you cut thinner than that, you’ll end up with waffle chips.
Easy Recipe For Making Homemade Waffle Fries
- Slice the potatoes thinly—about 1/4 inch—using a crinkle cutter or mandoline with a crinkled blade, turning them 90 degrees in between cuts. This will give the look of waffles. Put the potatoes in a big dish and pour cold water over them. For one hour, cover and put in the refrigerator.
- In a small dish, combine the seasoning salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne.
- Drain the potatoes after removing them from the freezer. After transferring, dry off with paper towels on a baking tray.
- In a big, heavy saucepan, heat a few inches of vegetable oil to 260 degrees Fahrenheit. The potatoes should be fried in a single group for 2 minutes or until tender. At this stage, they shouldn’t even be slightly brown; you just want to begin cooking them. Take them out and dry them off on fresh, dry paper napkins.
- The oil should be heated until it hits 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Return the potatoes to the oil and cook for another three minutes or until brown and crisp. Fries should be taken out of the oil and dried on new paper towels. Serve with ketchup or sour cream dip and a sprinkle of the spice mixture.
How Can One Shape the Waffle Fries Ideally?
You could also use a handheld crinkle cutter, which is a more cost-effective choice but requires slightly more effort on your part because you have to physically ensure that each cut is the same thickness as the last. One advantage is that you can use them to cut sweet potato fries, which were designed to be sliced into crinkle shapes.
Always put safety first when working with a mandoline! At the same instant, it is also worth noticing that cut-resistant gloves might help you feel more at ease when you’re working with sharp blades and put your thoughts at ease at the very same time!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Secret to Cutting Homemade Waffle Fries Perfectly?
There is only one method that must be followed in order to successfully create a waffle cut, and this method can be used with any piece of machinery. Begin by creating a crinkle cut in a crosswise direction. (If you like your potatoes on the larger side, you can also cut them on the diagonal.)
Each time, rotate the potato by 90 degrees (this is very crucial) so that you are cutting across the cut you precisely made in the opposing direction. This will ensure that the slices come out evenly.
Are Homemade Waffle Fries Gluten-Free?
Make sure that the chipotles you use do not contain any wheat if you want the recipe for homemade waffle fries to be gluten-free.
Summing It Up
Waffle fries should be devoured quickly with ketchup or if you’re not sophisticated, your preferred dipping sauce. At the same moment, If you are in the spirit of giving, you could even give some to your loved ones or close acquaintances.
Even If you don’t have any friends or relatives, a basket full of waffle fries is a remarkable way to meet new people and make new friends.