For all the fruity pebbles treats lovers, we will share a delicious recipe for crispy fruity pebbles which you can easily try at home. So, if you loved having fruity pebbles treats cereal since your childhood then stay connected with us till the end of this article!
If you’ll follow the exact same recipe, you will surely get unbelievable results just like us. Make a list of all ingredients and do not miss anything. We will also share in the end how you can store fruity pebbles treats for long-term use. The fruity pebbles treat not only tastes good but it looks so beautiful that you’d want to eat it right after making it. Now let’s begin!
How to make fruity pebbles treats at home?
Remember to add Rice Krispies when you are making fruity pebbles treats, have a look at the recipe below:
The ingredients required to make fruity pebbles treats can be easily found:
- Fruity Pebbles Cereal (use fresh for crispy treats).
- Vanilla Extract (to provide unique essence to your fruity pebbles treats).
- Salted butter (if you are using unsalted butter then add a pinch of salt to enhance the flavor).
- Fresh Mini Marshmallows.
Step By Step Instructions for making fruity pebbles treats:
Making fruity pebbles treats is quite easy and fun, you can have it for snacks, follow our instructions below to get perfect results:
- Take a baking pan and place parchment paper after greasing. You can use butter or oil for greasing a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Now take a pan and melt half a cup of butter on low heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add marshmallows with continuous stirring.
- This recipe uses 15 ounces of marshmallows, you can save half of it for later use.
- Once they are all melted in the butter, turn off the heat.
- If you are using a microwave for melting butter and marshmallows, do not forget to stir after every minute for proper mixing.
- Now, add one tsp of vanilla extract and add 9 cups of Fruity Pebbles cereal.
- If you have saved half marshmallows, it’s time to add the.
- Now fold the cereal carefully, you don’t wanna do rapid mixing.
- Mix it with a light hand until everything is mixed properly.
- Now pour this mixture into the previously greased pan and with the help of a spatula, make an even layer by pressing the fruity pebbles treats mixture.
- It’s time to cool the mixture which takes about 1.5 hours or more. Don’t rush into cutting them and make sure that they are fully cooled.
- You can get 15 servings of fruity pebbles treats with this recipe, however, the serving numbers depend on the size of the treats.
- The fruity pebbles treats can be served with cold milk.
Things to avoid while making fruity pebbles treats:
- Make sure not to overcook the marshmallows, otherwise, you will get the hard treats.
- Use a low flame when melting the marshmallows as melting at a high flame will result in hard and dry treats.
- When you are adding marshmallows to the melted butter, you can turn off the flame for a while as the pan is already hot.
- Do not use a small pan, otherwise, you will have a problem stirring and you won’t be able to combine gently.
- Avoid smashing the cereal into the pan, instead, spread it gently.
Secret Tips to know when making fruity pebbles treats:
- Do not cut off the treats when they are warm, have some patience and let them cool completely.
- If you want a light, crisp texture that dissolves in your mouth then you shouldn’t pack the mixture deeply into the pan.
- Try to use Fresh Cereal and Fresh Marshmallows for perfect results.
- If you are using your hands to press the mixture into the pan, spray cooking oil or use butter on your hands for a less sticky experience.
- If you are using a spatula, spray it with nonstick spray.
- You should use parchment paper to press the treats into the pan.
- To remove the treats easily from the pan, line the baking pan with wax paper before putting the hot mixture into the pan.
- To avoid sticking, grease everything that you are using in the recipe, even your hands.
- Use half Fruity Pebbles and half Rice Krispies cereal if you prefer less sweetness.
How to Store fruity pebbles treats?
You should keep them in an airtight container to protect them from the outside air. By doing this, they will remain fresh for a long time and retain their fresh flavor even after being prepared for many days. Store the container at ambient temperature rather than in the refrigerator.
Making Fruit pebbles treats is very easy and fun, it is the thing that you can do with your loved ones and enjoy your time because there is no mess and they can be made effortlessly. Follow the above-given recipe for a more amazing experience.
We hope you found this article informative, try this amazing fruity pebbles treats recipe and let us know in the comments section, how it turned out. Keep in mind the secret tips that we shared above to get the perfect results and enjoy it with your family and friends.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do you keep Fruity Pebbles from getting soggy?
If you don’t like to eat too soggy Fruity Pebbles then add only a little amount of milk and make sure not to soak all the cereal.
What makes Fruity Pebbles good?
It is considered a healthy food because it contains reduced iron which is beneficial for red blood cells, Vitamin B6 which aids in fat metabolism, zinc oxide which helps the body to fight off bacteria, vitamin A palmitate which supports the vision and brain function, and other similar vitamins.
Read more interesting articles at Food Articles
Leave a Reply